April 18, 2007

Goodbye Grandma!

My grandmother passed away on Monday.  She was 96 years old.  She lived quite a full life and died peacefully.

I'm taking Z down to the funeral.  It involves a 2-leg flight there and another to get back home.  We're leaving Saturday afternoon, getting in at about 8:30, the funeral is Monday morning, and we're coming home on Wednesday afternoon.  A quick trip.  We will see my parents, my cousin, my aunt and uncle, and maybe my other aunt and cousin.  My husband and I had a long discussion last night about whether or not I should go, and take Z.  I feel like it is a good thing to do.  He said he couldn't physically or mentally do it.  Taking Z is too much trouble for him.  Heck, he has problems taking her to the grocery store!  So he wouldn't.  She and I have an easier time doing things like that together.  I've traveled with her alone before and it was no big deal.  She is more interactive now, and the flights may be a bit more of a hassle, but I bet it will all work out fine. 

The best reason though, for all this rushing around and hubbub, is that gram would have liked to know that the family was getting together.  All of us, especially Z.  So here's to my grammie, I hope you have fun in heaven with gramps again.

2 comments:

B said...

I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure your right that your grandma would like knowing your family is together, especially w/ her great granddaughter.

As for the flight, my sister keeps a a special toy on reserve to pull out just for the flight to occupy more time. good luck!

B said...

oops I meant "you're" not "your".... bad grammar....