June 07, 2007

Retooling the blog

I haven't been able to blog about anything. Some things I thought about seemed out of place on my blog. Then I couldn't think of anything that would fit in! Now, this is stupid. I mean, a blog should be a place you're comfortable writing whatever you want to write about. If you specifically want to write about a certain subject, then you base your blog on that. Some people write about everything. Well, I didn't feel like I could write about *anything*. I felt that my blog didn't belong anywhere. It used to be a mostly academic blog. Now I'm not a grad student anymore. It could be a mommy blog, but sometimes I don't want to blog about mommy stuff. Although that is my life. I just don't want to be pigeonholed into a space where I don't feel I can write anything!

So I'm trying to put another new face on my blog. One I can be happy with. I apologize to those of you who may still read my blog from the academic days. I'm trying to find myself a bit right now, so my blog is going through that with me I guess.

4 comments:

penny said...

How about a knitting blog? j/k. I'll read a YOU blog! Maybe this sounds better...I'll read whatever you blog about! I hope to hear you blog about a trip to NM soon!

B said...

I like reading your blog, no matter the topic. I seem to go back and forth on topics and sometimes want to write about something but then deem it unfitting as well. I guess in the end it is your blog and so you can write about whatever you want, labels or not :)

aMom2E said...

K, thank you for your support and hugs! I really need it! I am eager to watch your blog evolve!! Thank you for finding me and allowing me to find you!

Cristina said...

The great thing about blogging is that there are no rules. You can be a "mommyblogger" and still blog about academics. Or be an academic blogger and blog about being a mommy. Or go a whole different route altogether. When I started my blog, I intended to only write about my kids, but I realized that there were times I wanted to write about my marriage or even politics or other issues of importance to me. I still tend to write about family stuff but once in a while I throw in something different.

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment, btw. It's great to "meet" you!