April 18, 2007

New me

I got a haircut yesterday.  It's short.  I like short hair.  Especially on me.  I think I've realized that my hair is meant to be short.  It will grow out, but it takes FOREVER.  And my hair is very fine, so when it is long, it doesn't do much.  It won't hold long layers, so mostly I wear it back.  What's the point?  I had short hair in high school, and I was kind of punkrock.  I cut my hair short again right before I got pregnant, and I decided to let it grow when a little girl at a museum didn't know I was a woman ("what lady?").  But it had been taking forever and ever to grow.  I've had it with limp boring hair!  So it is much shorter again, and I can put the putty stuff in it and spike it up and all!  I love it. 

The last time I had short hair (just over a year ago) I also wasn't wearing any makeup.  Now I think short hair looks great on girls with dark hair, but blondes need a bit of help.  I'm very blond.  You can't see my eyebrows or lashes on my face, they match very well with my skin tone.  Lately I have been getting into wearing eye makeup again, like I did in high school.  I went through this phase in college where I thought makeup was annoying and stupid.  Now I see it as an accent to my features.  I like wearing a bit of eye makeup because it makes me feel girlie.  I am enjoying the more girlie feeling lately.  So, short hair and eyes that stand out... the new me.

No comments: