April 13, 2007

Work leads to babysitting!

I'm very busy right now with work and baby and family!  I am almost busier now than I ever was in grad school.  Almost.  But it's a good kind of busy.  Not so many deadlines and I get to play with my kid!

Work is really picking up.  I'm getting more and more tasks and organizing the lab more.  It is really quite exciting!  I enjoy my job.  Especially when I see my name in a forwarded email from my boss, and it says "K is my part-time administrative assistant.  She has taken on part of this project and has done a great job so far."  The summer is always the busiest time around the lab, and summer starts in a month or so.  We're planning a few new events this summer, and I'll be a part of it all. 

And for work I have to attend a meeting on Tuesday, and my husband has to be there as well, so it will be the first time we've left Z with a sitter (that wasn't family) when she was not asleep!  She's 9.5 months old and I don't know if I'm ready for this!  I know she probably is.  Her sitter is my good friend, and we've all hung out a lot so Z knows her already.  They've played a bit together.  But she'll have to get her snack and play, all while mommy AND daddy aren't there!  Goodness!  (When I visited my parents this February I left Z with them for a couple of hours and she was fine.  So I know I'm worried about nothing.  It's one of those mommy things.)


No comments: