July 25, 2005

Allergies

Today I am allergic. I'm really not sure what I am allergic to, but it is definitely something. Something that makes me feel crummy. The weather today is kind of crummy too. It is overcast and a little chilly. Normally I wouldn't enjoy dreary weather like this, but it has been so hot for the past few weeks that this is welcome cool! And I want to go home and bake something, since turning on the oven wouldn't make the house too hot to live in today. No such luck though. I get to stay here and feel crummy.

Yesterday we went to have dinner with my lab-mate and her new boyfriend at her apartment. He made really yummy shrimp fajitas, and we had fresh blueberry-peach cobbler! They were just in Oregon, and they picked a bunch of blueberries and blackberries. They gave us a bag of blueberries, so I'm looking forward to making muffins and whatever else I can think of.

I have been reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince since Friday. I will finish it today, since I only have about 100 pages left. It is a very good book. I like all the books, and I'm looking forward to the next movie that comes out in November.

Well, tomorrow I will be taking care of baking crucibles again in the lab. Right now they are warming at 90 degrees C (for 24 hours). Tomorrow we'll get to see the beautiful glowing furnace again. I love that muffle furnace.

No comments: