December 02, 2006

Weight issues

My baby is 5 months old and I haven't lost my pregnancy weight. I've lost some, but not nearly all of it. It is my fault I'm not exercising enough. I understand that. But I am (and have been for a while now) a little upset at practically everything I've read that says that breastfeeding moms lose their pregnancy weight faster than non-breastfeeding moms. Well, I'm breastfeeding, and I was exclusively breastfeeding until a short time ago, and that didn't help me at all. Other things I read suggested that breastfeeding moms would lose most of their pregnancy weight by 6 weeks. Hah! I had lost about 10 pounds by 6 weeks. That was mostly baby and placenta. What is up with all this literature telling me that I should have lost those pounds easily and about 4 months ago? I don't know.

We're looking at gym membership for Christmas. A real gym, not just the university gym. A place where they have childcare. I really enjoy working out with my husband and maybe gym membership would give us this chance. I've been working out on my own since my daughter was born, and while it is fun and satisfying, it's not helping me shed pounds. When we were undergrads my husband and I worked out together all the time, and that kept us both fit and happy. Hopefully we can become a fit and happy family all together.

No comments: