December 30, 2006

Six month update, part 2



October, 2006
Our little three-month-old was getting more and more exciting. She could move around a lot by now, and she was starting to get the hang of her body a bit. This month we went to the pumpkin patch to get Halloween pumpkins. We also took an overnight trip to Helena to be houseguests at our friends' new house! Our second overnight trip, and much shorter than the trip to the Tetons. But it was a lot of fun. Z saw her first cats in Helena.

November, 2006
We went to a late Halloween party the first weekend in Nov, and Z dressed as a pumpkin. Aren't most little babies pumpkins? It is so cute though. We went back to Helena for a friend's birthday party the weekend before Thanksgiving. Another successful trip.

For Thanksgiving we had a couple of friends over. Z got some babyfood sweet potatoes. She seemed to enjoy them. We also began sitting her up with support during November. And she experienced her first really cold temperatures. The other exciting thing was her first trip to the hot-springs! We put her in a neato swim diaper and took her in a warm pool. She seemed to enjoy that too, but she doesn't react very strongly in any situation - she's a pretty passive kid.

December, 2006
This month we of course celebrated christmas. But we also celebrated mommy defending her thesis! Z was there for my talk and about half of the questions. Then she got a bit bored and dad took her home.

Z continues to get better and better at sitting up. We both think she'll be mobile soon, which means we'd better get off our own butts and childproof our house! She's becoming more vocal as well, and her laugh is the funniest thing. She kind of coughs out a belly laugh once in a while. Trust me, it is hilarious.

We had a wonderful christmas with lots of toys and new clothes for Z, and a few for us too! We had a lot of snow a few days after christmas, which I took Z out in. It was her first real snowstorm experience. No sledding yet though.

Looking back over the past 6 months, I realize that I don't remember all the gruesome details of the first couple of months, yet I seem to remember more specifics from early-on. I didn't really know what to write for the last three months! Z is growing as quickly as all babies do, and we see new stuff often, but I think my husband and I are getting used to seeing such new things, so they don't seem so awesome. In a way, we are beginning to expect new and interesting developments. I love watching her grow, and it is amazing to think of how small and blob-like she used to be! She is so interactive and interested now! I love my baby. I wouldn't change this experience for anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the updates and the photos, what a doll!
-b

ScienceWoman said...

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to it all.