August 17, 2005

Bad about posting

I've been bad about posting in the last couple of weeks, I know. The funny thing is I could have sworn that I posted after August 2nd, but I guess not! Strange. Now I have only a couple minutes to catch up...

Last week my mom was in town visiting! That was fun. We didn't actually "do" too much, but we hung out and talked quite a bit. She and my husband bought me a sewing machine for my birthday, which I am very excited about. I have already sewn two bags to get started (I haven't sewn any big things since I was about 13). My next project is a shirt for D. So while my mom was here she was also helping me get started with my sewing machine, which was nice. I have to admit I was a little intimidated at first. But once I got started with my first bag, it all got easier. I am super excited about sewing all kinds of things. It'll be great!

Otherwise I finished my charcoal counting of all the samples I had. I still have some more to do but not too much, and I'm not sure which core I'll be using yet. This week I am learning to process pollen. It is a long process involving many acids and bases. Real nitty-gritty labwork. Hopefully by tomorrow or Friday I'll be ready to do it on my own. I feel bad for Christy, who has to teach me all this labwork. She's trying to finish her Ph.D., and I know she'd like to be doing her own work. I don't want to add to her stresses too much.

School starts a week from Monday. I have yet to register. I was thinking about doing that today... We also have to buy a new parking sticker. And I have to make sure I will get paid and all that. And I have to write a blurb about myself for the new lab I'm teaching. I suppose I have a lot to do.

No comments: