March 21, 2007

I guess I better change my blog

... since I'm not going to be a grad student any more. So much for life in graduate school! Maybe, life while your husband's in graduate school? No, too boring. Maybe life in a small corner of Montana... That may be better overall since I didn't write too much about grad school in the first place.

I met with my advisor today and she asked for a notebook of all my data, and my excel files. She uses them sometimes in publications down the road. So now I have to collect that stuff for her. That's easier than working on a manuscript at this point. She also offered me work. Either field work in the summer or fall, or lab work starting whenever. I am happy with my job now and busy enough that I told her no for the time being. At least until the end of the summer. We're traveling a lot this summer anyway, so working for her wouldn't fit in. I just don't know if I really want to do the lab work right now. I talked to my husband and a field trip in September isn't out of the question. Is a 14 or 15-month-old too young to do field work? In this line of research, probably. We'd have to bring some friends I guess. We'll see what I feel like at the start of the fall semester, but I might work a bit for her. It depends on my other job too. But right now I have more than enough to keep me busy for 15 to 20 hours a week.

No comments: