May 30, 2006

Working from home

Ahh, this is the life. Getting some academic work done from the home office. I haven't had internet at home for a veeeery long time. I've never ever had speedy internet at home, in the past it was always dial-up. So this is a new thing for me.

This morning I finished my own abstract for the upcoming AMQUA meeting in August. I sent it off to my advisor (co-author) and she emailed me back in minutes saying it was good to submit and I could register. It's really cool to have an email-responsive advisor. She's the type who checks her email every 5 minutes while she's sitting at her computer, so responses from her are super fast. Now that I have email at home though, she can get in touch with me more often. I guess it's a two-edged sword.

Now I have to walk up to school to take my husband some lunch and do a few things there. Then it's back here for some cleaning and organizing and maybe some more academic work. I have some data processing to do and then I have to put together the AMQUA poster. And writing my thesis!

1 comment:

B said...

K-
I'm glad you are back, I missed reading your blog.