December 09, 2004

Kent Condie!

I went to school at New Mexico Tech. I took "Evolution of the Earth" from Kent Condie. Kent Condie is a great geologist and a great teacher. He's one of the most fun professors I've been in the field with. And he writes good books.

For "Evolution" we used Plate Tectonics. Now he's written a new book called Earth as an Evolving Planetary System. It's like a new edition of Plate Tectonics, but it's got a bunch of new stuff, so he's calling it something different. I want to buy this book, but it hasn't been released yet! I can hardly wait!!!

Oh, I just reminded myself of my old boss, Andy Campbell. I worked for him for over two years in the Stable Isotope Geochemistry Lab. Aww. That website is the one I made, and nobody there knows how to program html anymore so it'll probably never change. How funny. I miss Andy.

No comments: