June 23, 2006

Trying to avoid work

It is after 3pm and I haven't done too much in the way of work yet today. I feel like I'm trying to avoid it even though I keep telling myself I'm not. Why?

I have a good chunk of thesis written. This week I finished the two gruesome tables I had to include. Just today I DID install Adobe on my computer so that I can make my figures. I have a list in front of me of the figures I need. This week I also finished the results section. Now on to the discussion. Which is what I think I am avoiding writing. That and one more section of my introduction that I don't want to write. I must get to it though! I must overcome!

In my procrastination I started reading thehomelessguy's blog (linked from She Falters' blog). I like it! It reminded me of times I've been confronted by homeless people. Most of the time I'm pretty leery of homeless people because there were many crazy ones where I grew up that were just scary and young women wanted to stay far away from them. But there were a few times when I got to know a homeless person a little. One guy I met in Laramie, WY, played the balalaika. And I have a sneaky feeling that one of my former employers is now homeless or close to it. He was my best friend for a while, I knew him pretty well. I hope he is ok.

2 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

I think you deserve an occasional sunny friday afternoon off. Now go do something fun - or just sit in the shade and eat ice cream. That's what I'm about to do.

Quetzal said...

Yup....procrastination is at its highest when you are trying to write! I have managed to avoind writing a discussion for like a year.....Not a good thing if you want to graduate, I don't recommend it. When I was writing the bulk of it though I got so desperate at trying to avoid work that I would spend WAY too much time on I'm I Hot-or-Not". If you don't know what this is, its basically a web site where people put their picture up and you score their "hotness". Its HORRIBLE!

I hope all is going well though! Keep it up! It's only a couple of more paragraphs...:0)