February 07, 2006

The all-powerful 5 things meme

I haven't had the chance to post in a looong time, and then I get tagged by BotanicalGirl! Hehe!
Just so you all know, I've been counting pollen, not goofing off. But it really takes the time away from the blog-reading and the blogging!

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1. Seeking Solace
2. StatGirl
3. ScienceWoman
4. BotanicalGirl
5. K

Then select five people to tag!
1. SithKnits
2. Rhyax
3. Soma
4. B
5. Where's My Tab?

What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was in 8th grade. I don't remember a lot of specific events from then (is that bad?), but I had recently started playing the cello, which was awesome. I was really dorky in middle school though, so maybe that's why I don't remember doing a bunch of fun stuff...

What were you doing one year ago
One year ago I was writing grants frantically (well, maybe not frantically) trying to fund my master's research. I didn't write that many actually, only 3. And 2 out of 3 got funded, so I got all the money I needed. I was still trying to get used to grad school and a new place. The new place hasn't been easy. I think I'm still adjusting!

Five snacks you enjoy
1. Animal cookies! I eat too many of these.
2. Cheddar cheese. Yes, just a piece of cheddar cheese.
3. Pistachios.
4. Carrots and ranch dip.
5. Seedless oranges.
The funny thing is that most of these I have only recently been snacking on! Yay for pregnancy. A few month's ago I wasn't eating pistachios or animal cookies or just pieces of cheese. Huh.

Five Songs to Which I Know All the Lyrics
1. Ace of Base - The Sign. Heheh
2. The Beatles - I know lots of their songs...
3. Goo Goo Dolls - Fallin' Down
4. The Clash - London Calling
5. The Ramones - Rock and Roll High School

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Move away from here to somewhere I want to live.
2. Build a super-cool dream house there.
3. Buy a car that has a working speedometer!
4. Take a vacation, or two.
5. Save some both for "retirement" and my child's education.

Five Bad Habits
1. Saying "like" too much. I'm no 'valley-girl' but I do say it, and it makes me sound silly.
2. Slouching.
3. Not eating enough vegetables.
4. Being judgemental.
5. Watching too much Star Trek.

Five Things You Like Doing
1. Watching Star Trek. Heheh
2. Taking walks.
3. Hanging out with my husband!
4. Reading.
5. Sleeping.

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again
1. Two pairs of socks, layered.
2. A thumb ring. It's just not comfortable anymore.
3. A skirt that's too short.
4. Tapered-leg pants. I just can't stand them.
5. Jacket that is 2 sizes too big.

Five Favorite Toys
1. My sewing machine. I need to use it more, but I do love it!
2. My computer, with whatever silly games on it.
3. Our Gamecube.
4. Whatever book I'm currently reading. Now it is War and Peace by Tolstoy. I'm serious!
5. Pollen-slide making stuff and a microscope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi BotanicalGirl!
I think my favorite Star Trek is the original, but I do love TNG too. We just bought the first season of TNG on DVD so that's what we're watching. It's great.
I've tended to do things "early" in life, so I tend to be younger than a lot of people I know. I'm used to it now, but it's weird when people my age say things like, "I can't imagine being my age and having a husband / being pregnant!"

B said...

K-
Thanks for tagging me, it is my first tag! :)
B