February 16, 2005

Well...

It's been a while, but I have been busy. Not a good excuse, I know. Half the time I don't know what to write anyway.
I've been working on schoolwork and research. For my "Bioclimatography" class we always have a lot of reading to do. We're reading Song of the Dodo by David Quammen. And we're reading Biogeography by MacDonald. It seems like everybody out there loves David Quammen, but I'm not a huge fan. He's ok, but not THAT great...
I'm also taking a soil and water chemistry class, which is awesome! We got to go over to ICAL where they do all sorts of neat analyses. We got to see and learn all about the SEM, XRD and XPS. Fun!
So otherwise I've been working on my sediment cores. They have to be sampled. I've been pulling macrofossils and pollen samples. I'm almost done with one core, then I have to start on my short-core samples. Then I'll probably start processing pollen samples. This is what I'm going to be doing all summer too. Not much fieldwork for me.

No comments: